Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the new Leazes Road Study facility.
The Library at Leazes Road closed over the summer 2020.The books at Leazes Road have been relocated to our Remote Store, and are available by request. Heavy demand items will be relocated to Bill Bryson Library.
Located within the main School of Education building, Leazes Road Study Space provides additional study facilities that are conveniently located for those living in the Gilesgate area and members of Hild Bede College.
There are over 40 study spaces available between 8.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
From 2 November these will be pre-bookable only with fixed timeslots. Several timeslots will be available during these times. You can book up to four slots per week for individual study spaces, and an additional three slots per week for online lecture study spaces.
You will need your campus card to access the study space from the main entrance of the School of Education. Printing facilities are also available.
Please follow all current health and safety measures implemented across our study spaces:
- you must wear a face covering at all times within our buildings and study spaces, even when sitting at your study desk (unless you are exempt).
- when moving around the building, please follow the route plans marked and maintain social distancing measures of 2metres.
- please ensure good hand hygiene - you should wash your hands regularly and use sanitiser on entry and exit of the building and before and after touching or using any books or equipment.
- we are operating a clean as you go process – please wipe down all desks before and after use, and put all rubbish in the bins provided.
How to book
- Visit our Space Booking system
- Select to make an individual booking for the service you require
- Select the date you wish to book
- Select the space you wish to book, depending on capacity
- Select the time you wish to attend from those available
- You will then need to validate and confirm your booking before your space is confirmed
- You must bring your campus card on the day to be able to access the building and to borrow any books
- You are able to book up until the beginning of the timeslot, or once it has already started (depending on availability).
If you have any problems when booking, please contact our Virtual Enquiry Desk.