2. Discover - Find a book or search our huge range of electronic resources by using our online catalogue, Discover. Simply type in some words from the title, a topic or an author to get started.
Then, make a note of the shelfmark to collect it from the shelves. Use Discover to access and search online resources, including journals, ebooks and databases with your CIS username and password.
3. Borrow - Borrow an item using our self-service borrowing machines. Always check your receipt for the date your item is due back. More information on borrowing an item and allowances can be found on our Borrow guide.
4. My Library account - Log on to your library account to renew your items, check return dates and pay charges. Check your Durham University email regularly for messages from the Library. If a book you have borrowed is needed by another student, you will receive an email. Visit the My Library account guide for more information.
5. Return - You can return your items by posting them through the letterbox located to the left of the main entrance of Bill Bryson Library, or via the self-service returns machines if you have a booked timeslot to visit the Library. Visit our Return guide for more information.
6. Get in touch - If you have any questions about using the Library, simply get in touch and our team will be happy to help: