Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Individual study spaces at Dunelm House
Contact us through our enhanced virtual enquiry desk, Ask DULib. Search our FAQs, email us, or chat with a librarian.
Ask DULib is available to all students, staff and users.
Provided by your Student Union
The Riverside Café in Dunelm House has 30 study spaces available to all Durham University students for individual study who may find it easier to access due to its location within the city.
The room is open 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday.
Seats are allocated on a first come, first served basis, with no fixed timeslots.
Some study space may have access to power points but these are limited. Dunelm House is on the Universities Wi-Fi network so you should be able to sign in like anywhere else in University estates.
The space will be monitored regularly throughout the day by Durham Students’ Union staff.
Visiting Dunelm House
- Enter the building via the main entrance on B level (under the parapet).
- You must scan the QR code for NHS Test and Trace as you enter
- Make sure you have your campus card with you, in case you are asked for ID or evidence you are a Durham University student.
- Please follow all current health and safety measures implemented across our study spaces:
- you must wear a face covering at all times within our buildings and study spaces, even when sitting at your study desk (unless you are exempt).
- when moving around the building, please follow the route plans marked and maintain social distancing measures of 2metres.
- please ensure good hand hygiene - you should wash your hands regularly and use sanitiser on entry and exit of the building and before and after touching or using any books or equipment.
- we are operating a clean as you go process – please wipe down all desks before and after use, and put all rubbish in the bins provided. Riverside Café will have cleaning stations available
- Please note, this is a self-service area – should you have any queries during your time here, please speak to a member of Student Union staff.
- If you have a library-specific query whilst you are there, you can contact the Library's Virtual Enquiry Desk.