Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current Services Available
You are able to renew books online through your library account.
Reservations and recalls will be reinstated as of Monday 12 October 2020.
Fines will not be reinstated until November - more details will be available in the coming weeks.
Currently, we are offering unlimited renewals - please keep referring back to this page for updates.
Items should be renewed on or before the date that they are due for return. You cannot renew Short Loan items.
- From the Catalogue home page select 'View your record and renew loans' in the right hand column.
- At the login page log in your using your CIS username and password. Non-University members need to enter your Campus card barcode number - do not enter the letters A or B at either end of the number.
- The next page displays your checked out items. You can either select 'Renew All' or you can mark the checkboxes under the renew column to the left of the items to be renewed. Then choose the 'Renew Selected' button.
- The word 'Renewed' will be displayed next to those you have successfully renewed.
If you see the phrase 'Renew not allowed' this may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The item may have been reserved by another user
- A standard loan item that you have borrowed is overdue by more than seven days and you have received two overdue emails
- There may be a problem with your library record e.g. you may have fines of £10 or more.
If there is a problem with renewing your books, please return them to the library from where you borrowed them as soon as possible or contact Library staff.